I’m all for being glass-half-full, but we can agree that February is the worst, right? Worst. month. ever. It has nothing going for it. In the midwest, it’s cold, windy and miserable with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Except for that it stays dark until 8:00 am, so occasionally my kids sleep later.
But enough with the moping. February was full of playing inside & wearing jammies all day. I like looking back through the every-day pictures of a month. Nothing special really. Just ordinary. But I like ordinary. Here’s to choosing gratefulness & joy in the ordinary!
1. Feeling proud she finished this puzzle by herself.
2. Feeling equally proud she finished this puzzle by herself. (The copying has begun.)
3. Frozen puzzle in frozen outfit with frozen music playing in the background.
4. Curtains = instant fort. #ProTip
5. Emma loves to try carrying all her things around.
6. Dance party with Elmo.
1. Ben has a healthy eating/ weight loss goal this year & my efforts to support him consist of making gallo pinto for breakfast (with eggs).
2. Also, bringing him Blizzards.
3. This is our winter lunch approximately 4 days a week.
4. In an effort to make you feel better about yourself, I’m sharing this picture of my valentine’s day breakfast strawberry rolls (before I smothered them with cream cheese frosting), which i didn’t get around to making until February 16 because a wave of exhaustion hit on February 14. Here’s the recipe. Hers look more appetizing. They taste amazing!
5.-6. I have a rule about not cleaning during naptime. Reading, mom naps, blogging, and binge watching downton all take priority. The book was pretty good! Somehow, it felt simultaneously slow-moving and fascinating.
1.-2. This game has basically taught both of my kids how to count 1-to-1. If you search “toddler counting free,” it’s one of the first 5 to appear. It has a very basic icon with 1,2,3 pictured on it. They have both LOVED it. #MomOfTheYear #HomeschoolPro
3. Speaking of being highly educational… we started ‘learning time,’ which #1 loves so far. (We refer to our children by number of birth order… don’t you?) She was so excited that the puzzle letters spelled a word she knew.
4. By far, the highlight of our month was Grandma Cathy’s visit!!
5. Emma fell in love with pockets this month. She asked to wear this jacket with pockets every day.
6. We are cautiously optimistic about watching the wood get cut at Home Depot. Also, their carts are the most fun. Addie calls all fun carts “special carts,” but these ones are “very special gray driving carts.”
1. Addie moved from parent+kid lessons to “big girl” swim lessons. 2 minutes after this picture was taken, the instructor had all the kids get in the pool. She screamed and tantrumed through the rest of the lesson. For 2 weeks. On week 3, there was a female substitute. I dropped her off instead of staying. After about 10 minutes of crying, she calmed down and even did some “swimming.” That felt like a major win. Progress is relative.
2. Emma often wakes up from a nap before Addie. Love my afternoon snuggles and 1-on-1 time with this girl!
4. Sometimes people ask me if Addie still takes a nap… resounding yes.
5. She is also still VERY snuggly after naps. Soaking that up. I hope she’s snuggly forever!
6. By a miracle, February redeemed itself. The last weekend was warm enough for a trip to the PARK. Clearly we were excited about it. Thank you, global warming.
Annnndddd into March we go! Thank God for spring 🙂