I’m here. We’re here. Are you there?
It’s been a few weeks since I posted – my longest gap in the last several months since taking this whole hobby-blogging thing more seriously as a side business.
I have blog-to-do lists miles long but the thing is, my energy is gone by the time I get through feeding and clothing my kids, washing the dishes and clothes from feeding and clothing them, and interacting with my husband and other real people in my life. Plus there’s “sleeping in” till 7 and napping while my kids nap.
And going to bed by 9.
This 3rd trimester hit me like a ton of bricks, people!
We’re still here. We’re just not… “here.” Ya know?
So, thanks for sticking around.
The other thing is – my mental facilities have suddenly escaped me. I’ve sat down to write several times the past few weeks only to get 3 sentences in and feel inept at constructing any sort of coherent thought in English. I forget what I’m saying while I’m saying it.
I try to focus in on Ben as he tells me about his intelligent work at his intelligence-demanding job, but sometimes I only hear that Charlie Brown teacher voice. Even if I’m trying with 110% effort to listen and our kids aren’t running around screaming in the background.
I find unfinished texts and emails every day.
And unfinished lines on to-do lists.
Like I start a list, and stop writing mid-task: go to the
Go where? I don’t know. I don’t remember.
This morning, I found the minced garlic jar in the drawer where I keep measuring cups.
Yesterday, I found my phone in the fridge. (Not for the first time this pregnancy.)
Whew. It’s a whole new level of “pregnancy brain” over here.
I’m going to attempt to continue sporadically blogging the next few weeks, but consider yourself warned. There’s bound to be an incoherent post and an unfinished sentence or two or ten.
In the meantime, I occasionally post real-life pictures with the occasional inspirational or sarcastic thought over on instagram. I love instagram. It’s like a mini blog. With hashtags. Find me there! Let’s be friends.
- Ben started the Ideal Protein diet. I mentioned this to my email friends club people, but he started it right after I had monthly meal planned & shopped & freezer cooked. [sobbing emoji] Actually, though, it’s super easy to cook for & ends up saving us grocery money… kinda. I have a post drafted on this. Note to self: finish the post.
- The family who stretches together… The girls like to do all my pelvic floor exercises with me. Ben prefers for me not to use the words “pelvic floor” around anyone. I think, what’s the big deal? We all have a pelvic floor. Might as well openly talk about how to strengthen it for birth. He and I are opposites in so many ways 🙂 I have a post drafted on this too – the pelvic floor things, not the opposites attract thing.
- While folding & sorting little BOY clothes lent/given to us this past week, Emma stole the sharpie and started drawing on herself. Addie helped me fold the clothes. That pretty much sums them up to a T.
- Emma. Suddenly she’s not a baby anymore. Everything is, “I do it,” and “by myself.” Even things she can’t do yet. But the girl is determined. Leave her alone with a pair of shoes for 30 minutes and she’ll figure it out. She and Addie are opposites in so many ways; it’s so fun to see their personalities develop!
- Emma snuggling me under the bump. I regularly bump into her because I can’t see her. Ha! She likes to lift my shirt up to find the baby, give my tummy a kiss and then say, “close it” as she pulls my shirt back down 🙂
- More Emma.
- We were going to be surprised with this baby’s gender, but ended up not being able to hold out. I also have a drafted post about this. Agh! Anyway – I posted this picture as the instagram and facebook announcement. My cupcakes exploded, but enough frosting did the trick and it ended up still being a fun surprise. #genderrevealfail Baby BOY coming June 2016.
- Addie loves to make “excited faces” together.
- Painted a dresser about as green as green gets. Wowza! It’s a fun pop of color in a room with beige carpet, beige walls, oak trim and a brown chair. Ahem, rental color scheme.
So yeah. Those are some random happenings lately. Life is full of slow-moving days, a messy house, plain dinners, long naps, extra movies for the kiddos, and saying “yes” to all the help offered to me. Also, in the extra quiet and slowness, the Lord has been teaching me some new things. And helping me relearn some old things. Those are drafted posts too 😉
Happy Tuesday, friends. Thanks for sticking around.